Android App in Gillespie Business Plan Competition
2011 Gillespie Business Plan Competition
Hosted by the School of Business and sponsored by CellularSouth
2011 Ole Miss Business Plan Competition
Open to all Ole Miss graduate and undergraduate students!
Best Business Plan:
1st place: $5,000
2nd place: $2,500
3rd place: $500
Best Android App:
1st place: $3,500
2nd place: $1,000
3rd place: $500
$500 for the Best Women’s Team
(the team and presentation must be led by a woman)
$500 for the Best Sustainable or Green idea
$500 for the Best Social Entrepreneurship idea
$500 for the Best Interdisciplinary Team
(team made up of students from at least 2 different colleges on campus such as business and engineering)
1. Executive summary of business plan (no more than two pages) uploaded with the online application: https://angelsoft.net/business-plan-competition/ole-miss-business/apply by 5 p.m. Feb. 18, 2011. Any edits submitted after that time will not be considered.
2. Semifinalists will be selected March 4, 2011. They will pitch their ideas to a panel of professional judges on March 25, 2011.
3. Finalists will pitch an in-depth plan on April 15, 2011. Winners will be announced April 15, 2011 at the Entrepreneurship Reception.
- • Open-format business plan competition
- • Students may compete as individuals or as teams of up to five people
- • Must be an original plan or concept
• No person can enter more than one business plan or compete on more than one team.
The Ole Miss Business Plan Competition aims to stimulate the entrepreneurial spirit among students throughout campus. All Ole Miss students are eligible to enter the Ole Miss Business Plan Competition for a chance to win $15,000.
The competition provides participating students an opportunity to develop skills in pitching ventures to investors and to receive constructive feedback. The goal is to increase students’ probability of success in launching business ventures now and in the future. The judges participating in the Ole Miss Business Plan Competition are bank officials and other financial investment professionals.