Graduate Academic Programs FAQ

Graduate Academic Programs FAQ

How does one apply for admission and financial aid?

See the Future Students page for more information.

What does SACS accreditation mean?

See the Accreditation page for more information.

What if one has a bachelor's degree in a different field?

Students with an undergraduate degree in a field other than computer science can obtain a second bachelor's degree by satisfying the requirements for the BSCS or BA and earning at least 30 hours of credit above the first degree. However, most students with an undergraduate degree in a field related to computer science should consider study toward a graduate degree in computer science. The student without the expected background in computer science will be given a few additonal prerequisite courses needed for successful study at the graduate level.

What if one has more questions?

If you have more questions about the computer science programs, contact us in the Department office.