Appropriate Use Policy
CIS Department Computer Lab Appropriate Use Policy
- Do not take food or drinks into the computer labs, regardless of what type of container you are using for storage. This includes, but is not limited to, drinks in bottles, cans, or cups, food in Tupperware or Styrofoam containers or Ziploc bags, etc.. It is unacceptable to store these items in your backpack or other type of bag.
- Do not misuse or abuse any of the Department's computers or equipment. The equipment is intended for educational purposes. This includes, but is not limited to, physically damaging equipment, installing and playing video games during class time, maliciously using equipment, or any other non-educational related activity.
- Printing is limited to class related materials only and should be no more than 25 pages at any one time. Printing materials that are not related to a class, such as personal or social activities, is prohibited.
- Do not prop your feet on the desk or on the computer sling. Desks in the labs are designed to hold computers not your feet.
- Scheduled classes have priority use of lab space. If a class has scheduled the use of the lab, you may be asked to leave at the discretion of the instructor. Lab reservation schedules are posted outside the lab doors.
- Do not share your account with anyone. It is unacceptable for you to loan out, give out, borrow, steal, etc. your account or someone else's. Your account is unique to you and you will be responsible for anything that happens involving your account.
- TA's monitor the labs in the evenings and should be obeyed at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, clearing everyone out of the lab when it closes.
The Network Administrator and Assistant Network Administrator reserve the right to disable your account from any and all systems for not complying with these rules. If you are found breaking any of the above mentioned rules, you will be subject to a loss of account privileges and other campus disciplinary actions.