Computer Science Program Accreditation
ABET/CAC accreditation of the BSCS program
The B.S. Computer Science program is accredited by the Computing Acreditation Commission of ABET. The most recent accreditation action was announced on August 5, 2015.
As effective members of the computer science profession:
- Graduates demonstrate the ability to solve computing problems commensurate with their levels of professional experience.
- Graduates demonstrate the ability to contribute effectively to the benefit of teams.
- Graduates continue to update their professional knowledge and skills to adapt to the changes in technology and the evolving needs of society and the workplace.
Note: The Department revised the Program Educational Objectives to read as above beginning with the 2009-2010 academic year. In conjunction with the Engineering Advisory Board's Computer Science committee, it renewed the statement in 2014.
In keeping with the accreditation of the BSCS program by ABET, the Department helps students have the ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program's discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program's discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
BSCS Undergraduate Fall Semester Enrollments
BSCS Undergraduate Degrees Awarded (Total of December, May, and August)
*Through May 2020, does not include August 2020.